Thursday, July 14, 2011

Can I set up a DIY solar system in Utah and still stay connected to the grid?

I purchased my home last year and would like to build myself some solar panels to supplement my energy use. The purpose would be to reduce my power consumption and power bill. I am not interested in, or capable of, spending several thousand dollars for a pro-installed system. I am not interested in being completely off-grid. Net metering is not necessary, but would be nice. I have experience with electrical and worked with my father (master electrician) for several years wiring homes. What are my realistic options to make a substantial dent in my bill? There appear to be many regulations concerning grid-tie systems. How do I get around them and still be safe? I don't particularly care if some bureaucrat says my system is safe. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment