Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Which World Series game was it that George Brett was denied a home run for too much pine tar on the bat?

I think this was the 1985 Series Playoffs. Nevertheless, Brett was pissed off and literally jumped out of the dugout going for the umpire (if I remember correctly) and the whole team was running after him to stop him from kicking the ump's butt. Does anyone know exactly what year and which game this was? I'm almost sure it was 1985 World Series Game, but I don't know if it was a playoff game or the final two teams in the end. Does anyone know of a link to a video clip of this? Brett was basically robbed of a home run and was extremely upset over it. Anyone who saw this game will remember this. I was only about 12yrs. old at the time and remember the game but not the details, not enough to find a video clip anyhow!

No comments:

Post a Comment