Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Is "Cleating" allowed in baseball (13-16)?

Her is the situation i was on second another kid was on third, good hitter up hit ball just over second basemans head into the outfieldd. Guy at third scores coach tells me to keep going home catcher caught ball maybe when i was a little more then 3/4 down the baseline, so in an attempt to be safe i aim to cleat the kid in the chest padd (with metal cleats soze 12), ends up getting hit in leg and apparently has to go to hospital to get stitchess (but i feel it was a rumorr about stitchess)...so yes i cleated the kid off a slide, no suspensionn or ejection of any type by the ump, my team thinks im a boss, the other team hates my guts (2 players and 1 coaches purposely didnt slap hands at end of game to me)...I know its just a game and i shouldnt hurt someone over it, but it was just an accident hitting him in the leg where it could hurt him i aimed for his chest pad, i like the kid, and plus its part of the game i was just trying to be safe i didnt intentionally hurt the kid and i wrote him anapologyy letter later the next day. And unnecessary somewhat yes, but "illegal" or "something I should not do" i feel no... its part of the game i was doing my job he was doing his and if he cant take a hit thats not my problem. Tell me what you think. I know it was kind of stupid and whatever to do it and i regret it now...But think of this from mprospectiveve I was just trying to score a run so we could catch up and i know its got to be bad 'getting cleated' but its just part of the game and thats the risk you take playing any position in the infeild, catcher especiallyly, so i dont know i just want some other people opinions on it please comment il give good reviews to those who answer with a descent opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment